Tami's version of Our Adventures through India, SouthEast Asia + Beyond

Thursday, April 20, 2006

One Perfect Day in Paris (Day 7)

I´ll preface this by saying - Not that the other one´s WEREN´T, but this one was special for me. Also, though the moment has passed, I´ll still try and capture the spirit of what I wrote in my journal.

Today I was sitting
eating the PERFECT cheese
on the PERFECT
piece of bread
in PARIS no less,
and I was thinking
how FORTUNATE am I?!

Earlier
I had been bumming
that the sky
had turned blue
and now I wouldn´t have
the PERFECT gray clouds for
my Notre Dame photos.


Now
the wind picked up
and the clouds moved in.
I parted ways with
my companion
and crossed the Seine.
Rays of sun broke through
as I neared
my 8 year broken date
with this impressive edifice.

I cued up, patiently waiting
as I listened to
the PERFECT ethereal soundtrack
floating deep into my ears.
Inside
circling round and round the stairs,
corkscrewing up
until I reached
the gargoyles.

I felt I knew
them all already,
they were so familiar -
The Monkey, Eagle, Dragon.
Fantastical Creatures.
The sun was playing
peek-a-boo
over their faces and torsos.
Beyond
the Eiffel Tower pierced
the skyline.
What a sight!

I stayed for hours,
completely ignoring
the 5 minute limitation.
I can now say -
It was worth the wait.

What a PERFECT day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home