Tami's version of Our Adventures through India, SouthEast Asia + Beyond

Friday, September 22, 2006

The Zoo

Never in a million years did I think such a number + variety of animals would become a part of my daily life as they have here in Varanasi. Every day for the past 3 weeks we've observed + lived amongst Monkeys + Mongoose, Sacred Cows + Brahma Bulls, Fresh-Water Dolphins, Goats + Geckos, Huge + Hippy Water Buffalos, Dogs + Swallows. To just use monkeys as an example - It's possible to watch them by the scores, just outside our room - Scaling walls; mothers carrying babies against their breasts; Using any sort of power or telephone cable as a zip-line; Stealing food + laundry; Adolescents playing games trying to knock or bounce each other out of trees... Wild!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOH! This scene is my dream! I am monkey-crazy. I am.

12:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home